The New York State Department Defines Medicaid As “A Program for New Yorkers Who Can’t Afford to Pay for Medical Care”
When It Comes to Medicaid, the State Has the Final Say on Whether Someone Qualifies or Not
I’m Interested in Seeing If I Can Get Medicaid, How Do I Go About in Getting Medicaid?
- You can visit one of their locations in person and apply
- You can Apply Online here
- You can search an insurance plan, call the insurance and see if an agent can either come to your home or you can come to them. You would have to eventually choose a plan after applying for medicaid, and to make it convenient for you please follow this link to find plans by counties – Click Here.
- You can call NY State of Health, The Official Health Plan Marketplace (855)355-5777
- Find a Navigators and Certified Application Counselors
- Medicaid Helpline (800)541-2831
- Local District Social Services Offices
If you are looking for a Local Social Service Office in New York, unfortunately, the Department of State is not so tech savvy and the link is not working. Follow this link to view the full list here- Click Here.